Friday, July 1, 2011

What is this blog for?

I have added this blog to my website so that I can add photos from the various classrooms I visit........hoping you also do the same, adding photos from your classroom so we can all learn from each other.  After spending time traveling and teaching in various countries, I reflected about all of the ideas I had come across.  The exercise books used in countries around the world is my favorite teaching tool, by far. 

It seems most countries outside of the United States use exercise books.  The books are essentially notebooks for students to record all daily work in.  My website: http://www.portfolioadvantagesystem.com/ explains it all in greater detail. I call them everydayPORTFOLIOS and have worked over the past couple years to develop books that match the American system, standards, etc. 

Soooo.......I will kick this blog off with some photos of student work, as recorded into exercise books (portfolios). I hope to see more photos in the future, as more and more American teachers try this amazing concept!

0 comments: