Friday, December 14, 2012

4/5th grade history journals

Thank goodness for Christmas break! In my 11 years of teaching, I have not been as sick and tired as I have this year. Sorry to complain, I just hate not feeling like myself. Does anyone understand? I went to the doctor today (again), and am hoping to switch to private healthcare (I'm in the UK) in the hope of getting immediate solutions so I can get my life back on track.

Anyway, enough of that!

It snowed last week! It melted quickly, but for this desert girl, snow is always a bit exciting. 


I feel very blessed to spend Christmas with my husband this year, as that hasn't happened since 2008 (visas and deployments)! I love our little tree and he helped me make ornaments for my students.


I've seen a linky party going around the blogs and one of the questions was a good movie you've seen recently. This made me think of the best movie I've seen all year-ARGO. So good.


OK, to end the randomness of this post-I've cleaned out my camera with some 4th/5th grade history journal activities. Hope you find them useful and can adapt the ideas to your classroom.


they did these as homework...they had many options and choices of what to do. I am very happy with it! I HATE cookie-cutter bulletin boards when students all do the same thing!








Have a good day!
Kelli xx 

3 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

I suspect that many, many teachers go through periods like this. I certainly had one that was most unpleasant! I'm living proof that if you can live through it (the doctor is most important), the world will get better. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and are soon feeling like yourself again.

Tammy said...

For some reason, I'm surprised to hear that there's snow in England. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better soon.
❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Meghan said...

I nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you haven't already received it, you can check it out at http://learningandteachingforlife.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html.