Monday, November 25, 2013

Book List and Bread!

Hello! 

I'm feeling better since the last time I blogged. Things are changing at our school and it threw me for a loop (My head teacher is leaving)! I cannot imagine what the school will be like without her (leaving at Easter to have a baby)......hopefully the change won't be too bad.
 
Anyway, I've got the OK to update the books at our school-now I'm just not sure where to buy them. Scholastic, Amazon? Some of you gave book ideas and asked for my ideas. I've attached a google doc with the list I've created so far. Of course I may move around the books, depending on levels, etc. Many are British authors (since I'm in England)...anyway, I hope this helps. This list takes into account the books we already have (lots of Michael Morpurgo, Anthony Horowitz, Jacqueline Wilson, J.K. Rowling).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxz3ZZHe-cVqRlFUa0t5ejhKaE0/edit?usp=sharing

I'm also on the lookout for any good British comprehension assessments with links to levels (2c, 2b, 2a, etc)??!! Let me know if you've got a recommendation!

Aside from parent conferences this week (2 nights, very short, not too bad), I have had a "good" sinus day and even managed to get the gym! Our Bible study group has our Christmas party tomorrow night which I'm looking forward to and after this week I will have 2 weeks of school left until Christmas break!!

Here is my latest math notebooks/journals resource that is nearly finished:





I will end with a funny photo-I was the elf at our 'Santa grotto' on Friday for our Christmas fair!


Oh and also-this bread is soooooooo good! I make my own applesauce in the blender and cut down the sugar.


Happy Thanksgiving week to everyone in the States!



1 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
❀ Tammy
Forever in First