Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Sunshine award and my current long-term sub job

Wahoo!!  An award--I'm so excited and encourage by this wonderful award--thank you to Kristin at A Teeny Tiny Teacher (you're so kind)!

So here's a bit about me:

Favorite color: various shades of blue, love it.

Favorite animal: I do like dogs (especially puppies)

Favorite number: 14 (old volleyball number)


Favorite drinks: I love the pumpkin spice lattes y.u.m...........and hot chai lattes


Facebook or Twitter: ha, I'm in the process of closing my facebook because it's all too much with pinterest, blogs, etc!

My passion:  I know that all my blessings come from my Lord and Savior, I love working with enthusiastic, hard-working teachers, never miss my yoga, traveling and exploring the world, love to shop at vintage/thrift stores, and movies with my sister as often as possible.


Giving or receiving: I find it very difficult to receive.......I even asked for no gifts for my upcoming wedding ( I refuse to register so people will honor this!), so yeah, I guess I like to give more than receive.


Favorite day: Fridays-I love relaxing and refueling on the weekends.
 
Now who do I pass this award to? I am a bit new to this blog world, but I pick the inspiring Clutter-Free Classroom (who has probably won this award a thousand times over!)
 
 
and now, very quickly:

My Current Job

I have done many long-term sub assignments during my  3ish years of subbing (the other 6 years were with my own class).......I am currently in a dream long-term job. Honestly. So lucky.

Here's why.

It's at a school I know, with a supportive principal and bright and friendly office staff. Yes please. The staff is super nice and friendly : )  The teacher I'm covering until Christmas is a superstar teacher who has taken over the program coach role at the school (so students are well-trained and I'm learning cool stuff from the routines she's established). Yay and yay! AND, it's an ELD second grade class, which is so great because I've been wanting more experience in second grade and I also welcome more experience with ELL students. Wahoo!

Here are a couple pictures from her classroom :
Why haven't I ever thought of having all the phone
numbers right by the phone like this?




I have learned alot about setting up an AR system

up close picture of AR book organization




student folder for self-selected AR reading log





up close reading log

 






I liked this for the "overflow" cubby solution

I will have to share my other long-term jobs sometime.........they include everything from maternity cover to teachers in rehab.....stay tuned : )


5 comments:

Miss Squirrels said...

COngratulations on your Sunshine award! And I am sure I speak for many when I say THANK YOU!
I hate when an abscence is not planned and I get a da da da......stranger!!! :)

I am your newest follower!
Going Nutty!
Staci

Unknown said...

LOVE the phone #'s on index cards hanging by the phone! Off to make a set for myself!!

Congrats on your award~

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Kelli said...

Thanks everyone! So happy when people stop by my blog!!!

Miss Kindergarten said...

I gave you the Sunshine Award! Come by and check it out! http://misskindergartenlove.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-sunshiney-day-or-week-rather.html

Hadar

Classroom Confetti said...

Hi Kelli! Thank you for following me!!

I don't get any credit for my blog signature! It came as a part of my blog design.

BUT! before I had the blog design I learned how to make my own signature from a tutorial from shabby blogs. It actually wasn't too difficult! Here's the link to the tutorial I used if you're interested:

http://shabbyblogsblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/tutorial-how-to-add-custom-signature-to.html

Molly
Classroom Confetti