Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Enthusiasm pulls the switch

Hello!
I hope you're having a good week.

My second term at this wonderful school is off to an awesome start! So happy! And sinus problems are gone!

Here's what I wanted to share:

1) My Year 5 class finished this book today


Malorie Blackman is a popular author here in the UK.

She.is.fabulous. 

Her books are fantastic for older students. Let's put it this way: when we finished the book today (I read the last chapter aloud to the class), they all clapped, cheered and gave each other high fives and hugs!?!?

I have only seen kindergarteners clap after a book before. Love.

2) What do you think is your greatest teaching asset?
I know it may feel like boasting, but I say let's figure it out and run with it.

I like to think that I make up for other shortcomings with my enthusiasm.

So when I'm feeling unsure of my knowledge of British history as I discuss this family,

sure we've heard of the Tudors...but who are the Stuarts??
   
 I hope my enthusiasm is contagious.

3) I LOVE my new shirt.


That is all.


4) So pretty.


5) I know some days are better than others, but I hope you have more good days than bad.



Kelli xx

0 comments: